Tuesday 28 June 2016

An open letter to the Girl whom I Thought I'd be BFF

To My Former Best Friend,

Hello...!!,It's me (no,not Adele,unfortunately), your former best friend . How has life been treating you? I hope you're en route to landing your goals. I hope you have lots of new friends that don't cause you, the drama we had. And I hope that you,Personally, are doing well.

         It's been awhile since we've last spoken, I know. And I wish our friendship hadn't ended on such a sour note. It's always awkward when my mom asks about you or asks why I never hangout with you anymore. It's always awkward when people who knew we were friends ask me about you and, well, I have to tell them, "oh,we're not friends anymore".

Alright,so this isn't a letter asking for us to become friends again, but more of a THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a PART OF MY LIFE : laughing with me over silly jokes, for all the nights you were there for me when no one else stayed. Thank you for taking serious, silly and a few snaps with me. I know things didn't work out for us. WE had to break up and throw in the friendship towel. we were both upset and it was just better that we called it quits. Just know that i still care about you, but I am respecting your decision to give each other space.

              we're not the silly friends we once were; Sometimes I wish you were still a text away, but I am  trying to be independent without always being attached to you at the hip. I miss our life talks, and our miscellaneous bloopers. Secretly I hope that one day our paths will cross again and , well, maybe things could work out. But regardless of whether that happens or not, I hope you find a new best friend (or may be you already had one) with whom you'll have all the laughs and all the good times you had with me, minus all the drama. I hope she's your true sister from another mister, most importantly , your true best friend forever

You were the best part of my past. I will look back on our friendship and hope my kids have a friend like I had in you. Our memories used to sting, but now i enjoy going through your countless pictures. You are such a sweetheart and I wish you the best. We both both have gone down seperate paths, but we're positively thriving, I cant even refer to you as an ex-best friend because that's far from truth. we are simply best friends who drifted. I'll consider you a friend forever though. So no matter the time that passes, if you ever need anything just know I'll always be there for you


          THANK YOU for all the memories, for telling me the dress didn't make me look fat when it totally did, and for being my best girl for part of my LIFE. I hope all is well. Stay as beautiful and hardworking as you've been always.


Love always,

Sincerely,
Your Ex(Best Friend, Biggest Betch XOXO)


                     



No comments:

Post a Comment